Judgement to be handed down in Duduzane Zuma case

Judgement to be handed down in Duduzane Zuma case

Judgement in the culpable homicide trial of former President Jacob Zuma’s son, Duduzane, will be handed down on Friday in the Randburg Magistrate’s Court, north of Johannesburg.

He is facing charges of culpable homicide and reckless or negligent driving.

In 2014, Zuma lost control of his luxury vehicle and crashed into a minibus taxi on the M1 highway in Johannesburg, resulting in the death of a passenger.

During closing arguments last month, State Prosecutor Yusuf Baba told the court that Zuma should be convicted of the charges against him as the evidence proves he is guilty of causing the crash.

However, Zuma’s defence team wants the charges dropped, arguing the state failed to prove that he is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

Zuma’s lawyer Mike Hellens told the court that it is common knowledge that the Porsche 911 Turbo model, Zuma was driving when he collided with the taxi, was prone to what is termed “Aquaplaning” – resulting in him losing control of the vehicle.



 


Source: SABC
Search
Sponsored Form