Durban – Durban residents sprang into action on Friday night following speculation that the missing Durban boy, Miguel Louw had been spotted in Austerville, Wentworth.
Residents gathered in the vicinity of the Wentworth Hospital after it was claimed that the 9-year-old boy had been found.
Despite a frantic search of the area, there was no sign of either Miguel or the man. Miguel went missing on July 17. He was allegedly kidnapped by a man known to the family.
Provincial police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbhele said the investigating officer in the case was aware of talk that the boy had been found, but the police said the boy remained a missing person.
“According to the investigator of the missing person in Sydenham he is still missing. The rumours cannot be confirmed for now I will wait for him to revert back to me, please,” said Mbhele.
The accused was granted R2500 bail at the Durban Magistrates Court this week.